by the Net
of Nets: favourite sites & Internet-stuff
- You are invited to visit the city "St. Petersburg"
(English, Russian) with its wide range of cultural offers, nice private homepages and one
of the greatest "marketplaces" for people wishing to marry.
- An absolute must for foreigners, who will visit Russia the first time, is the site
of Nizhni Novgorod and the site
for expats in Moscow. After reading it you
will feel much more confident that you will manage everyday life there.
- Dave's ESL Cafe
is one of the English
courses I would like to recommend. Having a lot of fun, forgetting the dull routine of
everyday life you can improve your language command there
1-language is a
really great site for everyone who learns English as a second language.
Furthermore it contains loads of information about any country on our planet
- Englishtown offers English
language courses on the Internet, a free Newsletter by e-mail and the
possibility to chat with students of the English language all over the world
- Learn English is a
service of the British Council for students of all ages
- Intermediate and advanced learners can read news material on the English
- German-speaking students can not only read the magazine
"Spotlight" or listen
to its cassettes, but also use the online version of the magazine
- Leos dictionary, Word
Reference and the dictionary
of the university Chemnitz are English - German - English
online dictionaries, which offer their help in case the meaning of expressions slippped your
- The Cambridge International
Dictionary of English helps to find a clear, but simple definition for
every word you may think of
- The Israelite company Babylon offers a huge
choice of translation programs which can be downloaded for free by private persons and
very small companies. This program with Optical Character
Recognitation is a must for every Web-user.
- The Russian
Reference Grammar is a hot tip from an insider for people enjoying practising the
stands for a comprehensive source for
the Russian language for
- The university of Leipzig offers a German online vocabulary
- A similar German service with grammar
explanations is available from Switzerland.
- Thanks to the Internet, the book market seems to be the first global market without
borders. Requiring books from the English-speaking area, you can order them in one of the
biggest online book-shops on earth, in the
- In case of wanting to cause a surprise, send an electronic greetings card to
your acquaintances and relatives simply by using the Internet.